Sunday, May 5, 2013

Free Comic Book Day

Yesterday was so much fun!  I got up early and got ready.  This me after doing my makeup.  I wanted to be on of the first 100 customers so I could gt a free tote bag full of goodies from Chuck's.
.
I got to Chuck's Comics around 8am and was 7th in line!  I read The Hunger Games while I waiting in line and talked to a few friends that worked there while they were setting up.  They handed out tickets with numbers on them for the free totes.  I actually ended up getting #6 because kids couldn't get the.  When we were allowed in the place was packed but luckily I knew exactly what I wanted.  I ended up getting 2 trades, ll New X-Men and The Uncanny Avengers.  I had to wait in line almost an hour but I got to fill out tickets for 2 chances to win a prize.  Then I headed over to get my free bag of stuff.  It was amazing!  There must have been about $80 to $100 worth of stuff: Avengers trade, Giant Marvel book, Spiderman and Batman Comics, a Chucks bobble head and a hero click.
I hung out with my friends who worked there for a bit, then got lunch at Arby's.  When I was finished eating my boyfriend said he was off of work so I swung by his place and then we both headed back to Chuck's to buy more stuff.  lol!  He got a box full of comics for $10 plus a bunch of back issues he was missing.  I gave him most of my free stuff but kept the hero click and a Batman issue.
After we were done shopping he took me to see Ironman 3 which was really good. I highly recommend it!  Then he trated me to dinner at Chick-Fil-A!
It was a great day and exceeded my expectations in every way.

No comments:

Post a Comment